FIA Expo Panel to Discuss SEF Regulations and New Platforms
Financial regulatory reform created Swap Execution Facilities (SEFs) as a new category of execution platforms for trading interest rate swaps. New rules from regulators will determine how SEFs will be structured and who can become a SEF; meanwhile, existing trading venues are gearing up to become SEFs as new platforms prepare to launch.
In the Panel discussion “Switching on SEFS” at the FIA Expo in Chicago on November 3, industry thought leaders will discuss their companies’ offerings and the status of the regulation, what execution method will they use, how orders will interact, and what type of traders can access their platforms.
The panel will be moderated by Kevin McPartland, senior analyst at Tabb Group. Speakers will include:
- Howard Corb, Managing Director, Tradeweb
- Chris Ferreri, Managing Director, ICAP
- Thomas LaSala, Managing Director & Chief Regulatory Officer, CME Group
- James Rucker, Chief Operations Credit & Risk Officer, MarketAxess
- Johnathan Short, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, IntercontinentalExchange